Tuesday, April 24, 2007

O lux

This evening I attended a Ouachita Singers concert in Arkadelphia, AR. I had a lot on my mind as I made the one hour drive from Maumelle to Arkadelphia. I was torn inside with disappointment, joy, anxiousness, conviction (that from the Spirit), and my lunch from the Chinese buffet. I'm learning to never ask the Lord to teach me patience. It's too unnerving.

After arrival, greetings, introductions, secret cringes and tears, I sat down with a dear friend to enjoy the concert. During the first half these words kept appearing and re-appearing: O lux. The first song, O lux beatissima, is one that I sang when I was in Singers. I had forgotten it until the first note. Then I was lost in it. O Light most blessed, fill the inmost heart of all Thy faithful. Without Your grace, there is nothing in us, nothing that is not harmful. "Nothing that is not harmful." I thought about all that is in me, and that which has come from me, that is nothing but harmful. Blessed be the Light that gives us grace. I recieved the Father's grace tonight.

The only song on the program that wasn't performed is called, O nata lux. I really wanted to hear it. Here's why;

O born Light of light, Jesus redeemer of the world, mercifully deem worthy and accept the praises and prayers of Your supplicants. Thou who once deigned to be clothed in flesh for the sake of the lost ones, grant us to be made members of Your Holy Body.

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for the Lost Ones.

grace and peace,
joel

5 comments:

Dr.RH said...

Joel ... your blog posts are off to a good beginning. Given your passion for all things important, I trust your grace-filled thoughts will challenge and encourage.

Epoch Church said...

joel!...

i'll be adding you to my links!

father maple said...

yeah, i wanted to hear that one too.
It was great to hang out with you and John last night.
Nice thoughts. I'm glad you are doing this blog. Maybe I'll update mine one
of these days.

father maple said...

this is Michael by the way.... i don't know why it says Dave's name.

XtnYoda said...

Great to see you up on the web! I've heard a little about you...

Keep your head up and your knees down.

All praise to our King and Creator.

Celebrate!

XtnYoda Shalomed