Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Panem nostrum cotidiànum da nobis hòdie

Give us today our daily bread.

I recommend reading John 6:22-59 before proceeding with this post. Here is a quick link for you. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/

Enough: This past Sunday evening we sang together a song called Enough. Many of you have probably heard it before. I used to have a problem with the words. "All of you is more than enough for all of me..." I thought the text just did not do justice to the depth of the Almighty's provision for us. But, when did our words ever truly capture the overwhelming magnificence of the King? He is more than enough. If He was only just enough, that would be enough. You see? He is all we need because we are completely dependent on Him.

Draw Near: In John 6 Jesus teaches that He is the living bread. No one who comes to Him will ever be hungry, none who believes in Him will ever be thirsty. To truly be fed we must come to the Word that became Flesh. That dwelt among. That laid down it's life for those welcomed as friends. "This teaching is hard," said some of His disciples. It is also encouraging I say. The daily bread is free. Just be drawn to your King and let His glory fill you. He is enough for you.

Personal: While I am largely thinking towards corporate worship, this is the place where our daily, personal worship is challenged. If you worship daily in word and deed, your corporate worship will be more faithful because your relationship with the Triune God will be more complete and in right standing. Call on the Name daily. Honor the Name daily. Bless the Name daily. Sing a new song daily. Let praises ring from your heart and lips daily. Worship with a smile. Remember: Spirit and Truth.

All glory, laud, and honor to the Bread of Life.

Grace and Peace,
Joel


Proverbs 30: 7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:

8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

7 comments:

thispresentsojourn said...

amen, verily, truly.

chris h said...

i bought a pelikan from vanness in little rock (off rodney parham)
bought raines a cross from office depot

chris h

jhthompson said...

Joel, you used the word "daily" over ten times in your post....to me that means continual dependence on God, not selective dependence. Thanks

Bro. Jones said...

Some people have a problem with a God who wants all of our attention. They call our God vain or greedy.
My question is, "How could God do anything better for us except to point us to Himself?" He truly is more than enough and our source of Strength, Love, Hope, Etc...

XtnYoda said...

"This teaching is hard" so Yeshua said. And it means just what he said.

May we desire Him more than all else. Then the "hard" thing becomes faint in the light of His love.

XtnYoda Shalomed

:Jason: said...

i miss you. thats all

Justin said...

Hey, are you still using that keyboard? If not I would love to use it. Let me know man.