Friday, April 11, 2008

Render to Ceasar

I'm on my way to pay the man. I'm trying to take a spiritual approach to taxes this year. I have to, otherwise I'd get depressed. Remember that Jesus commanded us to render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him. Mark 12:17. I may marvel at the amount of money that is taken from our already shallow pockets, but it doesn't matter. God gets what is His first.

God doesn't need anything, but, He requires everything.

Grace and Peace,
Joel

2 comments:

jhthompson said...

Nice post.....isn't it really just chump change to give 10% compared to God's grace and gifts He provides us.

JT

Anonymous said...

ok, gonna give a shot at guessing the 4 (the first two are easy, i think, because I'm almost certain we've talked about both of them):

Til We Have Faces
Lord of the Rings

and maybe?...
Walking to Martha's Vineyard

and a shot in the dark?...
Everything is Illuminated


If I'd put Keith Green on the list, then I know what the 5th thing would've been. He was nearly there.